Saturday 25 October 2008

Fab new challenge + CCT


My friend Sharon is part of the DT for a fab new challenge blog called One Stop Crafts Challenge which launches today .... so I was eager to support her and it by having a go. Sharon is hosting the first challenge which is a brilliant sketch (I wish I had enough imagination to come up wtih original sketches!!). Sketches are brilliant at this time of year, so those Christmas cards can keep on coming!!

This sketch particularly suited me, cos I had got some Papermania tinsel trims (both bought and free with the latest "Creativity" magazine) and I had been wondering what I could do with them ... well they seemed to wrap nicely around the card at an angle in line with the sketch, and co-ordinated with trees on the stamped image and papers.
I am also entering this card for this week's Cute Card Thursday Challenge #33, as the theme is The Stars At Night .... so with black and silver plus stars on the paper and the tree, I reckon that qualifies.
I used: main image is from Stampendous Simply Clear "Christmas Holly" set, inked with Brilliance "Starlight Black" and embossed with holographic powder; background papers, adhesive stones and sparkly trims all by Papermania; tiny peel off from my stash.

11 comments:

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Gorgeous card Pauline. I adore that tinsel you have used - very original and you've certainly done my sketch justice. Thanks for your support and for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge for our very first challenge.
Sharon

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, love the papers, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Angie C said...

Beautiful card and a great take on the sketch. Thank you for joining in the first One Stop Craft Challenge
Angie

Donna said...

Oh its lovely, my fav colours too especially on christmas cards. I will have to buy some of that tinsel as it looks fab on the card. Thanks for joining the one stop craft challenge. Donna x

Lexxie said...

Hi Pauline,

Love this fab interpretation of the sketch. Great colours-really Christmassy with the tinsel! xxx

Bev said...

Fab card Pauline, love the colours. Brilliant sketch too

hugs Bev x

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card, love the tinsel, image and colours you've used! Jillix

Faye said...

Pauline, this is so pretty. I love the silvery look. It is so Christmasy.

Helen said...

Fab card Pauline - I love a bit of tinsel!
Helen x

Nikki said...

Your card is beautiful and I love that image. Thanks for joining us
Nikki x

Carol said...

Hi

Great card
TFS