Wednesday 29 October 2008

A li'l bits & pieces challenge ... dotting the "i"s.

I'm part of a small group of crafting buddies who set each other a monthly challenge ... we all wait with baited breath for the dreaded envelope to land on our doormats, and then we have to conjure up a creation with the contents! This month I got a wee kit containing the following:


  • 1 small square card with matching envelope
  • 1 piece of brightly coloured (!) flowered paper
  • 1 jewel gem
  • 1 gold photo clip
  • 1 length of white organza ribbon edged with gold (not in the photo as I temporarily lost it ... but luckily found it before making the card LOL!!)
  • A pack of epoxy bubble stickers.

The deal is that we have to use at least something of each element..... well! Here is what I made ... I couldn't envisage using a stamped image with this little lot, so I went down the fabric flower route. This is truly very different for me! I covered most of the front of the card with papermill black/gold lustre cardstock with punched corners, cut a band of the paper and punched it with my Papermania multishaper punch, fixed the making Memories, WH Smith and Prima flowers together with a Doodlebug sparkly brad, cut out a paper flower to lodge under an epoxy sticker, cut a sentiment from my Cuttlebug "Everyday Greetings" cut'n'emboss set (and used the gem to dot the "i"), and finished off with a couple of green swirls cut with my new shapeabilities. perhaps it's not my best effort but 'tis done now LOL!

Now I noticed that Poppicrafts has also got a li'l blog competition which incorporates both no images plus has to consist of the colours black, pink, green and/or white. I think this card is a pretty good fit ... if you think you can see a bit of purple on there, it's just a trick of the light ROFL!!
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Enfys said...

I totally love this, all those fab lilac flowers (ooops, sorry, I mean Pink). Really striking. Good luck in the comp. x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

I think you did really well with your kit. Love the flower combo; it's stunning.
Sharon