Friday 19 December 2008

Special Christmas card


I always tend to be on the last minute with everything ... and last night I finally sat down to make mum & dad's Christmas card. I had already made a card that I thought I would send, but then decided against it as I wanted one that was more personalised plus I wanted to make them a "heartwarming" card as they have had an incredibly difficult year. Obviously I couldn't leave it any longer as the last posting date is tomorrow, so I set to work.

Having made the card I have decided to enter it into 2 challenges: Cute Card Thursday is an open theme this week, and also BasicGrey Challenge #15 which is Going Green (recycling) - the sparkly holographic card used to die cut the letters is taken from an Asda tissue box!!

I used: main image is PB "The night before Christmas", coloured with watercolour pencils and Twinkling H2O's, and the fluffy bits of Santa's hat decorated with white peewee glitter; sentiment is also by Penny Black; background papers are all BasicGrey "Figgy Pudding" (one of them may be "Dasher"); letters are diecut using Cuttlebug "Hippie Chick" alphabet; flowers are Prima Christmas bubble; ribbon and gems from my stash.

Hope you are all getting organised for Christmas ... I've only got my husband's card left to make now .. then the Chrimbo stamps and papers can go away for the next six months!!

10 comments:

Carole said...

What a gorgeous card Pauline, just love that cute image! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy 2009.
Hugs
Carole :-)

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fab card Pauline. Glad to see you using that stamp. I'm sure your Mum and Dad will love it.
Sharon

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card and a fab image, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, Happy Christmas

Naoual said...

Beautiful card. I love that image!

xx Naoual

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely card, so cute. Kim

Tracey said...

I love this card Pauline, it is absolutely gorgeous!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Heather said...

Beautiful card Pauline - bet Mum loved it.
Those holographic tissue boxes are great aren't they? They do one with flowers on thats useful as well (lol)
hugs Heather xx

Chris said...

Such a beautiful card Pauline and I bet your Mum and Dad loved it. Great idea to use the tissue box and the image is so adorable and beautifully coloured. Chris x

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous card Pauline. Patterned boxes certainly come in handy, don't they ?!! Thank you for joining us in our challenge. Happy New Year.

Hugs,

Jo x

Kim Costello said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the use of tissue box, so effective! Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year,
Kim :)