Wednesday 7 January 2009

Friday Sketchers with a Cupcake

As soon as I saw the Christmas/New Year Friday Sketchers #33 sketch I thought it would be good to work with, and after I went out to the craft sales just after Christmas I knew immediately what I wanted to do .... it has just taken me until last night to get round to doing it LOL! A stamp which I bought at 40% off was just made for this challenge, and also enables me to kick start my NY resolution (one which I think is shared by many) to get ahead with Christmas cards for 2009.

I was really pleased with how this card turned out, and it didn't actually feel weird making a Christmas card.

I also thought this card would be good for this week's Cupcake Crafts Challenge #21, which is glitter .... the DT say yhey would like the card to have glitter and sparkle on it. Well, my card has both .... glitter card snowflakes, sparkly holographic embossing powder on the main image, and sparkly fibre in the lace - so hopefully it well qualifies.


Main image is Inkadinkado Tin Can Mail, inked with Brilliance pearlescent ivy and embossed wtih holographic powder, which is much sparklier thatn the photo shows. Sentiment is Woodware clear stamps, stamped onto a Cuttlebug tiny tag. background papers are all BasicGrey "Figgy Pudding" - another craft shop bargain in the sale!! the snowflakes are Cuttelbug snowflakes #2 die, cut from glitter card and decorated with papermania gemstones - I made them a little mat as they didn't show up against the patterned background paper. lace with sparkly fibre is from Hobbycraft.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Gorgeous card. I am not sure I could think about making christmas Cards for 2009 right now. LOL

Lauren said...

Great Card. Thanks for joining in. xx

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Pauline.
Very elegant.

Karen x

Cathy said...

Fab card Pauline. Love the papers and image.
I am starting early too on my cards.
Thanks for the award - will put it on my blog.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Sorry Pauline, I missed this one. I love the stamp you used (Hee! Hee! you told me off for starting Xmas 09 too soon. lol!) Anyway, this is stunningly elegant.
Sharon