Thursday 18 June 2009

For my dad


It's now almost two weeks since I have made a card, and I'm sorry to say I have hardly done any blog-hopping at all, so I am sure to be missing out on a lot of fabulous creations! I'm still up to my eyeballs with my job application, presentation and interview preparation; but at least the deadline is now looming and by next Tuesday it will all be over (unless of course I am unsuccessful, in which case I will have to go through it all again for however many jobs in the organisation I choose to apply for until I get one.... but let's not dwell on that!!)

Anyhow, last night I just NEEDED a break, and in any case how I could possibly fail to make my dear dad a Father's Day card?? I decided from the start to ensure I incorporated this week's theme over at Stamp With Fun #11 which is dots - cos boy, have they got a fab prize on offer! (Penny Black - my favourites!) but I have also managed to tie the card in with the following challenges:

Cupcake Craft Challenge #44 - Father's Day
Paper Blooms #12 - Men of Influence.

I used:
Main image: Penny Black "message from above" coloured with watercolour pencils, matted using nesties labels, with the edges inked with Brilliance "pearlescent ivy" ink.
Sentiments: Woodware "Tiny Greetings" (front); Whiff of Joy - from "Swirls" collection (inside);
Papers: BasicGrey "Boxer";
Supplies: punched edges made with MS "Scallop dot" punch; adhesive ribbon by DCWV.

Here's the inside.....


Now this card is safely in the post I guess I'd better get my nose back to the grindstone! hope to be back next week lol!

18 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

What a lovely card. The image is so cute and I love the colour scheme you've used. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Allison said...

great card love the colours
Thanks for playing this week at the Cuttlebug Challenge
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

Sandra said...

Hi Pauline...gorgeous card,this is my hubby's favourite PB stamp out of all the ones i have...and that's a few now...lol,your dad will love it!...thanks for joining us this week at SWF,
Take care
San x

ps all the best with the job

Helen said...

It's gorgeous Pauline - I'm sure your Dad will love it!
All the best for Tuesday - will have everything crossed for you!
Helen x

Leah said...

Such a sweet, wonderful card! Your dad will love it I'm sure:) Thanks so much for joining us at PB!

Nilla said...

Stunning, love the green papers and the image is so cute, well colored! Hugs Nilla

Liza said...

Gorgeous card Pauline. I love the stamp and the fab BG papers. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Rose said...

oh i love this card! and what a cute stamp!! :D

Pop's Cards said...

Hi Pauline, this is really cute and i love how you have carried the theme through tot he inside..

Thanks for joining us at cupcake hugs pops x

Anonymous said...

A Beautiful card, I love that image and the colours are fab. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week.

Andrea, said...

Wonderful card, I love the colours

Ida / Little said...

This is really beautiful! the layout, coloring, papers and all look amazing! :) Thanks for joining us at CCC this week :)

Hugs Ida

Nixe-Moni said...

What a stunning card! Love the cute image and your beautifully colouring.
Hugs
Moni

Karen said...

What an adorable card Pauline. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot!

Karen

Maggie Lamarre said...

LOVELY CARD!
Thank you,
Maggie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

June Houck said...

Beautifully done, inside & out! Good luck with the challenge :)

Mascha said...

mooie kaart

grt mascha

Meda said...

This card is soo beautiful!!!
Thank you for joining this challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog
Meda