Sunday 13 December 2009

1 card - 12 challenges!

Well ... here's the cute little fella again ..... this time I have made a card using non-traditional colours, in line with the requirements of this week's Creative Inspirations Challenge #38. I have also used the colours from this week's Color throwdown #72, which were actually inspired by BasicGrey "Eskimo Kisses" papers, which I have used ...

... and that also puts it in the frame as my second entry for this week's Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #9, which is Alternative Christmas

I'm not sure whether this card really fits, but encouraged by the fact that some of the DT cards also include greens and browns, I would like to enter it for the current BasicGrey Challenge #10 - pink, cream and blue.

Here's the card that I made .....

My card is also fairly frosty/sparkly what with the Cuttlebug glitter card ice crystal, glitter card snowflakes, glamour dust on the fur collar and sparkly lace, so I would also like to enter it into the following challenges:

Simon Says - Let it Snow
Incy Wincy #21 - Snowflakes
Fun with Shapes and More #33 - Snowflakes
Secret Crafter #62 - Snow
Kraftin' Kimmie #10 - Sparkle, Baby!
Frosted Designs - Happy Holidays
Our Creative Corner - The Holidays are Here!!

... and last but not least, Totally Gorjuss #9 is free and easy - ie an open theme. As I don't own any GG stamps, I guess this is my best chance to enter lol!

Woo hoo! That makes 12 challenges altogether .. not bad for 1 little hedgie :-) Here's a close up to show his sparkly fluffy collar and the sparkly snowflake.

Edited: just found another challenge that was open when I posted this card :-) So I would like to enter it for Kaboodle #20 - Sparkling Winter. Hope challenge #13 will be lucky for me :-)


Recipe:
Main image: Penny Black "fur collared" (3763H) coloured with watercolour pencils and decorated with polar white Flowersoft and glamour dust, and the edges distressed with "tattered rose" distress ink;
Sentiment; Craftwork Cards "Oh! My Words";
Paper: BasicGrey "Eskimo Kisses";
Supplies: BasicGrey "opaline"pink & cream pearls; large blue pearl brad by The Paper Company Studio; small pearl brads from The Hobby House; spacers and white sprkly lace from my stash;
Tools: Cuttlebug "ice crystal" die; Martha Stewart "Arctic Snowflake" punch.

Rightee... I sneaked off from doing the housework for a quick "tea break" to make this post .... err .... that was almost an hour and a half ago!! So i guess I'd better get back to it ..... hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

20 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Pauline! Love the colours & papers, and your glittery snow is fab!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

mckinkle said...

Gorgeous card Pauline! I love the glitter and the pretty lace trim, very sweet!

Keryn :D

NGCARDS said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for joining in at Wednesdays Challenge Blog : Creative Inspirations! xxx

savvy teaching tips said...

Simply delightful and delicate. cute cute cute...great job. check out my blog for blog candy stamperontheshore.blogspot.com

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute, gorgeous papers and love the sweet image.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Pauline,i love your image .
So gorgeous papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

LeAnne said...

How sweet! Yes, time flies when you're stamping, doesn't it? Glad you were able to use our CTD colors in with all your other challenges!

Broni said...

What a sweet, pretty card! I love the snowflakes and all the sparkle! Thanks for playing along with us in the Color Throwdown!

craftymum said...

Such a cute card. Keep checking our blog as you don't always need a Gorjuss Girl stamp to enter.Thanks for joining us at TG
Love Sarah W XXX

Cathy said...

Fabulous card and that hedgie is so adorable. Great detail and sparkle.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

Tracey said...

Stunning card Pauline, love the papers & all the details :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card! I love your image and how you coloured him in! I also like the bling and use of the colours for this challenge. Thanks for joining BG Challenges,
Anthea & the BG Team.

Sabine said...

Your card is absolutely stunning! The colours, the image, the sketch ... everything is so gorgeous! Great work!

Thanks for joining us this week at fun with shapes and more!

Hugs
Sabine

Carol L said...

how many ways can I say adorable? Oh my gosh, this is just the sweetest little thing! I love that mouse in the stocking, and the snowflakes! Gorgeous!!!

Vixykins said...

I absolutely love the fur Pauline, it makes so much difference x

Beautiful card hunny :)

Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers, new challenge is now up!

Sorry I’m a bit late on my rounds due to illness of kids/self

Vix

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is such a fabulous card. I LOVE the color scheme and the sparkly, fluffy color is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing this week with the OCC!

Lilacanglia said...

This is so pretty,
Thanks for joining us with your lovely cards at Kaboodledoodles,
Hugs
Angie

Unknown said...

It's absolutely beautiful and I love the sparkle. Thanks for joining in with the Kaboodledoodle challenge.

coldwaters2 said...

How wonderful that you have given us two beauties to view for our challenge at Kaboodles this one I also love as your design and image are just gorgeous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kort og Søm said...

So cute, love the big snowflake!
Fredrikke :o)