Saturday 5 December 2009

Penny Black Challenge #78 - oops! a technical hitch!


Sorry for the late post this morning, but having made my card on Thursday night I took it out with me yesterday to photograph but forgot my camera ...oops!

Sorry got to keep this short this morning as I have to go out, so I'll get straight to business lol!

This week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge is

Christmas for the Girls

In honour of this I bought this darling PB slapstick stamp and used some girly BG "Eskimo kisses" paper to make my first ever easel card ... v difficult to get the right angle in the poor light to photograph it lol!.

As usual we have a fab prize - this week it is a £10 voucher form our regular sponsor Valentine's To find out more about the challenge and this week's fab creations from the DT, please go to the challenge blog. Not forgetting that we have got a fab new guest DT memeber for December - Liz from Buttons for brains.

Anyhow - here's my easel card.



I didn't exactly make it easy for myself, as I wanted my easel card to form a proper square when closed, but to have the pearlised edging card which is punched to stand "proud" and thus show the holes when standing. The measurements for this took a little bit of head-getting-around ... but I think I got there in the end lol!


Recipe:
Main image: Penny Black slapstick stamp "Winter Swing" colorued with watercolour pencils;
Sentiment: Penny Black "Joy - Hope" (3898F);
Papers: BasicGrey "Eskimo Kisses";
Supplies: sparkly brads by Doodlebug; spacers from The Hobby House;
Tools: Martha Stewart "Alpine Snowflake" punch and "embossed snowflakes" edge punch; Shapeabilities "Make a Flake 2".


Hope you're having a great weekend whatever you're doing.

10 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful card Pauline!
I love those BG papers!
Helen x

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Pauline, very girly and beautiful paper!
Clairexx

Kath Stewart said...

well this was certainly worth waiting for...it is stunning....love the image and all your gorgeous trimmings...have a great weekend...big hugs kath xxxx

Carole said...

What a beautiful card Pauline...so pretty. A very wise investment I'd say!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous card, lovely image and papers.Looks stunnin on your Easel card. Made my first one today to. nnalorac x

Ali Watson said...

This is gorgeous Pauline, love it. a fab style of card too.

Riet said...

Ohh wowww Pauline,what a beautiful card,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Beth said...

Such a gorgeous card! I love this easel style card and the papers and cute image are fabulous! I hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Love Beth xx

ribenaruby said...

Love this easel card Pauline, so adorable with great punch details!

mckinkle said...

Beautiful easel card, fresh xmas colours.
Keryn :D