Saturday 1 October 2011

Penny Black Saturday #171 - Down On The Farm


Good morning everyone and welcome to another Penny Black Saturday Challenge! Sorry I'm a bit late - messed up my scheduled post again (blush!!). Alas I didn't join in last week as I was just on my way home from my holiday in Greece and hadn't managed to get that far ahead in my DT makes (though I managed to schedule a post for the week before :-)  ). Anyhoo I've had chance since I got back to look at the entries for last week's monochrome challenge, and they are fab as always! Don't forget to check out the main challenge blog to see if you have won!

Now I'm back to reality and have managed to get myself geared up to join in with this week's challenge which is

Down On The Farm

Yes, it's time to break out all those cute PB creatures you may find down on the farm ... don't you just adore the PB cows, pigs, geese, hens etc? I think they just make such fun cards!

And to help you get in the mood we have two fabulous prizes for two randomly drawn winners :

From Penny Black, this gorgeous stamp: 3888K "Winter Glitter"


and from The Ribbon Girl, this gorgeous mini-kit in lavender


The rest of the DT have been happily singing "Old MacDonald" this week and have come up with some adorable creations. Here is my attempt.


Recipe:
Main image: Penny Black "bundle of wishes" (2612H) coloured wtih Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Sentiment: LotV;
Papers: ??;
Supplies: flowers by Sweet Lilac; ribbon, lace and pearl brad from my stash;
Tools: Scalloped square and lacy circle nestabilities; Martha Stewart "garden trellis" edge punch.

Here's a closeup of the sweet image. I'm still getting to grips with my new Flexmarkers - I used the Blue Grey 1 and Glacier Blue for shadowing but they are incredibly faint ... can you see them??


Challenges:


Allsorts #123 - At Least 5 Flowers
(hope the ones on the image and paper count lol!)
Simon Says - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Paper Sundaes #88 - Anything Goes
Creatalicious #26 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

I am also entering this into the Penny Black Blog Guest DT post for World Cardmaking Day - they are asking for your best new PB card between Saturday morning and Sunday evening ... well this is actually my ONLY PB card that I have managed to produce over the weekend lol! I have uploaded it onto Flickr but am mentioning it here also :-)

Hope you can join in this week! Have a great weekend.
Hugs

13 comments:

Mummylade said...

You're actually supposed to use five "real" flowers but I'll let it slide cause the card is so pretty =). Thank you so much for entering my flower challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Stunning Pauline and a fab take on the PTW sketch! xx

Liz McGuire, said...

It's moovelous!

Liz x

Allison said...

what a lovely card
thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
Allisonx

Helen said...

Awww...such a sweet card Pauline!
Hope you're having a good weekend!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week
Hugs Julie P

cheryl said...

oh just love this its so beautiful wonderful soft colors bless you for playing at creatalicious this month love cherylxxxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Pauline.

Liefs Riet.xx

Mephisto said...

Hi,
fab card hun!
Love the image very much!

Hugs
Domi

NGCARDS said...

Gorgeous card hun! Also thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz this week! xxx

Vee said...

What a pretty card. Thanks for playing along with my Love challenge at Charisma this week.Good luck.
xx Vee

Leah l'Orange said...

too cute! love the pale pink against the black and white - very striking! gorgeous embellies, too! thanks so much for playing along at Charisma this week, and good luck! :D

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Pauline

Great card such a cute image too!

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx