Sunday 6 May 2012

Penny Black Saturday on Sunday #200


Good afternoon everyone, and welcome to the new Penny Black Saturday Sunday Challenge lol!! Yes I'm rather behind this week ... had a bit of a crazy week at work and also it was my birthday on Friday, so I had a night out in the week courtesy of my darling husband to see Dancing on Ice live - fabby!  Thanks very much to everyone who sent me cards, good wishes and little gifts - I was really thrilled!

As I'm so behind I'd better get straight to business, and this week our challenge is a regular monthly feature 

CASE it

and we would like you to CASE this gorgeous card by Jenny


How adorable is that??

We have two fantastic prizes this week as usual for randomly drawn winners - as I'm running so late pelase check the main challenge blog for details.

The rest of the DT have worked their magic as usual .. this is what I (eventually!) did ...


This is a get well / cheer up card for my godparents' daughter. She sent me a folded piece of paper for my birthday rather than a card, as it turns out she is housebound due to having recently fallen and broken her hip. 


I went with Jenny's idea of an easel card although I always have terrible trouble taking a  decent photograph .. hope you can get the general idea!

Stamps: Penny Black "Hedgehog Bouquet" (1444K); Whiff of Joy sentiment;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Papers: First Edition "Spring Drop";
Supplies: flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts; lace from John Lewis; ribbon from Hobbycraft; charm from Bunny Zoe's Crafts;
Tools: small, large and lacy circle nestabilities; Martha Stewart "wildflowers" PATP corner punch and "small monarch butterfly" punch.



Challenges:
Stampin' For The Weekend  - At Least 4 Layers
Joanna Sheen - Flower Power!

Enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday weekend and hope you can join us this week.

11 comments:

ribenaruby said...

Oh wow Pauline, another superb card, I'm sure anyone would be delighted to receive this. Wonderful job done, hoping to get my entry in too after my knitting frenzy over the last couple of months! Happy belated birthday and wishing you a glorious bank holiday. Ruby x

Uma said...

very pretty, fantastic layering and embellishing

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! Pauline, I am so sorry I forgot your birthday!! I can't believe I've one that! Oh, I'm so annoyed with myself! I hope you had a lovely day.

Your card is stunning as usual; gorgeous colours and layout.
xx

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Pauline, wonderful cute card.
luv
Debby

Jennifer said...

Pauline...this is totally, completely, awesomely gorgeous...do you get my message - I LOVE it! That poor injured lady will love it too, I'm sure.

Mmmmm must check out if that MS corner punch is available in Oz.

Jennifer. x

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful card, love the image and papers. Debs xx

Helen said...

Stunning card Pauline - such pretty colours...love the flowers & butterflies too!
Hope you've enjoyed your birthday weekend!
Helen x

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Pauline hun :) Your card is wonderful! Gorgeous image and flowers and such a great design too - its very pretty! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Liz Miller said...

The pink, white and blue colour scheme you have chosen for this one is lovely. Everything co-ordinates so well.
Liz xx

Suzi Mac said...

Fabulous card Pauline, such a sweet image and pretty design. Thank you for joining us at Joanne Sheen with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x