Saturday 30 June 2012

A Wee Girl For Summer


Good afternoon, I'm back again for a rare second post on the same day (my Penny Black Saturday Challenge DT post is here). I made this card yesterday, but  by the time I'd finished the light was going so I couldn't get a decent photograph. However I made this card especially for the Ribbon Girl  colour challenge which closes today ... so here I am :-)


I've been desperate to ink up this darling stamp ever since I got her - she was part of a really fabulous set of Wee stamps designed by Sylvia Zet for Whimsy stamps, exclusively for this month's Papercraft Essentials magazine. I first saw her used on a fabulous card by my bloggy bud Squirrel; and when shortly afterwards I spotted the magazine in WH Smith I just had to buy it, even though I don't really buy many craft magazines nowadays. Mind you, my papers were also free in this month's Quick Cards Made Easy lol! .... I deliberately chose them so that I could tie my card in to the fabulous colour theme over at the Ribbon Girl.



Stamps: Image and sentiment both Wee Stamps by Whimsy (free in papercraft Essentials magazine);
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Papers: Wild Rose Studio  "Butterfly Garden";
Supplies: cherry blossom flowers by Hobbycraft; all other flowers by Wild Orchid Crafts; pearls from The Hobby House; ribbon from my stash;
Tools: large classic oval and large classic scalloped oval nestabilities; Magnolia Doohickey "Lovely fence" die; X-Cut small butterfly punch.

Challenges:


Joanna Sheen - Summer Daze
Bunny Zoe's Challenge #25 - Girls, Girls, Girls!
Sentimental Sundays #108 - Cute & Girly
Corrosive #152 - Summertime Girls
Dream Valley #35 - Things With Wings
Craft Your Passion #116 - Things With Wings
Stampin' For The Weekend #12 - Show Us Your Style 
(pink, girly and cute with lots of flowers)
Crafty Creations #176 - At Least 3 Different Types of Embellishment
(flowers, pearls, ribbon, diecuts, punched butterfly)
Dutch Dare #171 - Flutterby Butterfly
Allsorts #161 - In Bloom
Sweet Stampin' - Scallops
  Promarkers #123 - Anything Goes


That's all for today .. I'll be back tomorrow with a very special card for a new friend :-)

 

17 comments:

Tanya said...

Beautiful Pauline! I love the papers, so pretty! That image is darling, and I just love the little fence die too :)

Tags xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tracey T said...

This is so pretty and girlie. Love the colours and your gorgeous flower arrangement. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Squirrel x said...

So pretty hun, love the colours you have chosen. It's been fun seeing this little darlin' pop up in blogland in so many different ways. Love how you have used her, and thanks for the toot! Hugs Sxx

Claire said...

This is so pretty Pauline, lovely image and gorgeous papers. Hugs, Claire x

Anne-Marie said...

What a lovely card, you have coloured it in beautifully. I love the Image.

Thank you for joining us at Sketch and Stamp Challenge this week.

Anne-Marie x x

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card Pauline - I love the wee image - you've coloured her very nicely - thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge. Mary G x

Tine said...

Gorgeous floral embellishment, Pauline which matches your dps brilliantly. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Kathy said...

Very sweet, love this darling image and your beautiful flower treatments. Thanks for playing along at Sentimental Sundays this week.

CreaSjouk said...

Cute card!
Thanks for joining us at sunday sketch and stamp!
X Sjoukje

Susie said...

Like the colours and papers! Thanks for joining our Things With Wings challenge at Dream valley. Susie x

Unknown said...

This is really pretty Pauline, love the image and beautiful colours. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

HelenR said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at sweet stampin' this week :) Helen x

Doreen said...

beautiful card Pauline. The image is so sweet. Love all the embellis as well
Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
Hugs
Doreen

Natali said...

This card is so sweet.. Gorgeous flowers, lovely paper choice and adorable image.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Scallops” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

melsanford said...

Awwww, really sweet - love it! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Jasmine said...

Just adorable! Love that big bunch of flowers, and the picket fence. Lovely coloring as well. Thanks so much for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!