Thursday 20 September 2012

Away With The Fairies (2) - Things With Wings


Good afternoon everyone - after my exciting news this morning about becoming a Lili's Little Fairy ( see here), I got quite carried away with the idea of fairies, and decided to make a couple of fairy cards.  I haven't actually done any crafting for a fortnight what with work and then going away on holiday, so I thought I needed to get a bit of practice in colouring :-) Bizarrely though I didn't choose one of my beloved LotV fairy images for this task - the reason being that I wanted to make cards for some autumnal challenges, and I thought this gorgeous Whimsy stamp by Sylvie Zet would best fit the bill. Also  I wanted to get some practice at colouring hair which I always find a bit of a challenge ... and the fairy on this stamp has certainly got a good head of hair to colour !!

Today's post could equally be called one image, two ways, as I have made two cards using the same stamp - the colours are also similar, but the style of the two cards is quite different. Both are quite outside of my comfort zone, as I never normally use these colour schemes.  

First up is a CAS card which I made to highlight the use of autumnal colours.



Stamp: Whimsy set by Sylvie Zet (free with Papercraft Essentials magazine);
Sentiment: Pink Petticoat (digi);
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Supplies: pearls from The Hobby House.

Challenges:
Passion For Promarkers #167 - Clean and Simple
Stamptacular Sunday #181 - Less Is More
Paper Pretties Wednesday #224 - No Patterned Paper
Without Words #1 - Autumn (CAS Card)
Papertake Weekly - A Hazy Shade of Autumn
Crafty Pad #188 - Autumn Colours
Addicted To Stamps #39 - Autumn Colours
Colour Me Creative #52 - Autumn Colours
Paper Shelter #82 - Autumn Colours
Crafty Catz #150 - Brown & Orange
Crazy 4 Challenges #154 - Anything Goes with a Fall Twist
Sparkles #36 - Away With The Fairies
Fab 'n' Funky #139 - Things With Wings
Crafting For All Seasons #36 - Things With Wings
Creative Craft - Anything Goes
Whimsy #51 - Anything Goes

Secondly I made a bit fancier card for three challenges:


Stamps: Whimsy fairy as before; Whimsy "Friendship Ticket" stamp; See-D birthday sentiment;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Papers: Prima "Botanicals";
Supplies: flowers and seam binding from Wild Orchid Crafts; pearls from The Hobby House; lace from my stash;
Tools: Leone Em "Ash Branch" leaf punch.


Challenges:
Crafty Calendar (September) - Browns & Creams
Wild Orchid Crafts # 59 - Autumn Colours


Rightee - that really is all now from me for today - though I hope to get some more crafting in before I go back to work on Monday :-)
Hugs

30 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Love both of your stunning cards. They are really lovely and very sweet. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Sue said...

WOW! You have been busy Pauline. I love both of your cards. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is fabulous.

Thank you, also, for taking part in the Fab n Funky Challenge

hugs Sue

Janette said...

Hi Pauline, I love both your cards, so beautiful, thanks for sharing them with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Jane said...

Many congratulations Pauline with your DT post, it is well deserved, your work is beautiful. Love these 2 fairies, it is always great to see how the same stamp produces such different cards.
Jane x

rachel said...

fabulous cards - both are stunning for different reasons - great image! Thanks for joining in at the crafty pad this week and good luck! Hugs Rachel x

Dawn said...

What a cutie! Thanks so much for playing at The Crafty Pad in our Autumn Colours Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Squirrel x said...

Hunny, these are both GORGEOUS!! I love that Wee fairy girl, and I am so thrilled you were brave enough to join us at Without Words (whoo!), stunning colourwork - and her hair is fabulous. You rock Fairy Pauline! Hugs Sxx

Jennifer said...

Oh Pauline, I am thrilled for you on your appointment to the 'Fairies' DT - CONGRATULATIONS! You will certainly be a great asset to them.

As for your 2 cards, they are gorgeous. I love the autumnal treatment you have given them, and what a luxurious bow on the second one - combined with the lace, it is a very elegant card.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Pauline.

Hugs Riet.xx

thecraftycavalier said...

Both cards are stunning! My favourite (huge surprise) is the one with all the embellishments! It really is stunning. I promised Squirrel that I would make a card for the challenge but I just can't do CAS! I've got my pants in a knot and I don't know where to start. I may take a lead from your card. Blimey - it's ridiculously tough! Big hugs, Jayne xx

Anonymous said...

Pauline these cards are superb! LOVE the colours too! and love that each card is so different from the other, hugs me xx

shaz earl said...

Fabulous creation!

Thank you for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our * Away with the Fairies * challenge

Hope you will join us again & good luck in the draw
Hugs Shaz x

arjette said...

Both your cards are beautiful!!!
Thank you for joining us at ATSC!!

gr. arjette

coops said...

perfect cas card pauline.gorgeous image and i love your rich colours.
thanks so much for joining in my CAS theme this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

debbi taylor said...

both of your cards are stunning
thank you for joining in the challenge at the crafty pad this week
hugs
Debbi x

Wendy said...

Both cards are gorgeous, love the sweet image...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Carly said...

oh wow they are both gorgeous .. but that first card! WOW! so simple but so gorgeous

Thank you for sharing your beautiful project with us at Creative Craft Challenges ... anything goes.

xoxoxo Carly

Debs said...

2 Gorgeous cards Pauline,both totally different, love your image and colours, thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.
Hugs Debs

Brook said...

What cute cards and I love that image. Love how you've colored her hair. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

Shirley said...

Beautiful cards! I love the simplicity of the first one! GROGEOUS!!!!
Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love both of the cards. Such a sweet image.... Thanks so much for sharing with us at Whimsy. Hope to see you again next month as well. joann sassy raggedy

mixamatoasties said...

Love both of your cards, both are gorgeous!

Thanks for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges.

Susan x

Kim said...

Pauline this is gorgeous! I love what you have done with the fall color challenge! Thank you for joining us at WOCC!
Hugs~ Kim

Mandy said...

Oh wow these are both absolutely gorgeous Pauline, so sweet and beautifully coloured.
Congrats on your new DT :)
Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps for our Autumn colours challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Wishcraft said...

Your cards are both lovely Pauline! Love this pretty fairy and you've coloured her beautifully. Thanks for joining in at Without Words and also at PFP :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Carol said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Marcea said...

Stunning cards sweetie and I feel I can say this cos I am holding one in my hand right now. Thankyou so much for my gorgeous card - you are so kind
Mwah xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Two stunning cards Pauline! Your colours and colouring are just beautiful.

Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Calendar this month and good luck!
xx

Ang C said...

A gorgeous fairy

Thankyou for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge - good luck in the draw

Ang x

Shannah said...

Oooh - I love this image and you've made such a beautiful card with it! Lovely colouring and wonderful embellishments! So glad you joined our Whimsy Inspiration Challenge! Hugs, Shannah xox